Pillar Company Auto Insurance Review (2020)
Looking at Pillar Group auto insurance? They offer auto, home, farm, umbrella, umbrella, and general liability insurance to residential and business clients.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Aug 17, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Pillar Group based out of Indianapolis
- The Pillar Group is community-oriented and works with major local organizations the Indianapolis Zoo, the Make a Wish Foundation, and the Indianapolis Convent, on and Tourism industry
- Pillar writes multiple types of individual and commercial insurance policies ranging from auto insurance
The Pillar Auto Insurance review is a review of the Pillar Group based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. The Pillar Group has provided insurance and business management services for more than 80 years.
While the company website confirms that they do over personal car insurance coverage, there is no more information than this. Now online quote option is provided. For this reason, the remainder of this review explores the company detailed provided online.
Use our FREE online tool today to search for the best auto insurance rate available where you live. Enter your ZIP code in the box above to begin your search now!
The Pillar Group bases its success and great policyholder relations one four key concepts. These four key concepts are trust, relationships, experience, and knowledge.
The Pillar Group History
The Pillar Group was founded in 1927 by Murry K. Pruyn. Murry K. Pruyn was an office agent for Aetna Insurance, a casualty and surety insurance company. In 1948 Theodore Pruyn, the son of Murry K. Pruyn, joined the Pillar Group and by the mid-1950s Theodore Pruyn had taken control of his father’s business.
Throughout the rest of the 20th century, the Pillar Group grew exponentially. In 1993 The Pillar Group became the company we see today after it was acquired by the Herke Insurance Center. The acquisition was led by Daniel T. Touw and Philip R. Peterson.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How the Pillar Group is Involved in the Community
The Pillar Group prides itself on its involvement in the community. Some of the organizations the Pillar Group are involved with are:
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- The Association of Builders and Contractors
- Anna’s Celebration of Life
- The Builder’s Association of Greater Indiana
- Habitat for Humanity
- The Clinton County Chamber of Commerce
- The Independent Insurance Agents of Indiana
- The Construction Financial Managers Association
- The Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- The Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
- The Indiana Sub-Contractors Association
- The Make a Wish Foundation
- Light the Night for Leukemia
- The Indianapolis Zoo
- The Indianapolis Convention and Tourism
- Rebuilding Indiana Together
- The National Utility Contractors Association of Indiana
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association
- The Metro Indianapolis Coalition for Construction Safety
- Sheltering Wings
- Zonta International
- The Special Olympics
- The Riley Hospital for Children
The Pillar Group Leadership
The President of the Pillar Group is Dan Touw. Jim Clendenin, a certified public accountant, is the Chief Financial Officer of the Pillar Group. The two Vice Presidents of the Pillar Group are Nancy Nonweiler, who is also the Director of Operations, and John Hannon, who also acts as a Sales Executive. JoAnne Ehrgott is an Assistant Vice President and the Director of Risk Management. Casey Enzor is also an Assistant Vice President as well as the Director of Sales and Marketing. The Commercial Account Executives of the Pillar Group are Gretchen Harding, Kari Hendrix, Julia Hoskins, Bonnie Meylor, and Jason Tapp.
Some of the other employees of the Pillar Group are:
- Annie Bacon (Personal insurance account manager)
- Sandy Bailey (Receptionist)
- Jeri Clos (Senior bookkeeper)
- Rose Compton (Sales executive)
- Larry Cottrell (Senior sales executive)
- Mike Crabb (Sales executive)
- Kathy Davis (Senior bookkeeper)
- Joe Doan (Account advisor)
- Michelle Domangue (Commercial account manager)
- Kristin Enzor (Sales executive)
- Margie Fiebelkorn (Commercial claims coordinator)
- Charlene Johnson (Commercial service coordinator)
- Chris Lang (Sales executive)
- Norma Lerch
- Todd McClain (Manager of information technology)
- Jason McEldowney (Sales executive)
- Suzi McGuire (Commercial account manager)
- Stephanie Nelson (Commercial service coordinator)
- Liana Shelton (Manager of the bond department)
- Bridget Susemichel (Commercial account manager)
- Joanne Ulrey (Manager of the personal insurance department)
- Teresa Vorhees (Customer service agent for the commercial service department)
- Chad Wilson (Commercial claims manager)
- Robin Young (Customer service agent for the bond department).
The Pillar Group Products and Services
The Pillar Group offers a wide range of personal and commercial insurance options. Some of the commercial insurance policies that the Pillar Group offers are:
- Commercial general liability insurance
- Property insurance
- Workers compensation insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Umbrella coverage
- Inland marine insurance
- Builders risk coverage
- Contractors equipment insurance
- Directors and officers liability insurance
- Professional error and omissions coverage
- Technology errors and omissions insurance
- Employment practices liability coverage
The lines of personal insurance that the Pillar Group writes are homeowners insurance, condo owners insurance, tenant coverage, rental properties insurance, flood insurance, personal auto insurance, boat owners insurance, personal umbrella coverage, and valuables insurance for fine arts, furs, jewelry, and collectibles.
Compare the auto insurance rates of the Pillar Group to other auto insurance providers in your area. To see a side-by-side auto insurance quote comparison — just use our FREE online tool today. Enter your ZIP code now!