Occidental Auto Insurance Review (2021)
Looking at Occidental auto insurance? They offer property and casualty insurance and have a financial rating of A- (Excellent) from A.M. Best.
- Occidental Insurance is part of the IAT Reinsurance Group
- Occidental provides commercial insurance products
- Occidental also offers services as a re-insurer to other insurance companies
* OcciQuoteSM is decommissioned.
Occidental has been in existence since 1960. This North Carolina insurance company is one of 20 companies under IAT Reinsurance Group. These include:
- Harco National Insurance Company
- TransGuard Insurance Company
- Safeport Insurance Company
- Wilshire Insurance Company and Acceptance Casualty Insurance Company
Occidental Fire & Casualty Company also offers personal lines of coverage through the company network. IAT-Re Group is the formal name of the holding company over all 20 insurance companies.
Occidental has an “A-” rating from A.M. Best, the insurance rating organization.
To get auto insurance quotes from Occidental as well as other major carriers, enter your ZIP code here to get started.
What are My Occidental Auto Insurance Options?
Occidental insurance options include the following:
- Bodily injury liability – for any injuries or death to another person or people in an accident where you are at fault
- Property damage – pays for items that you damage with your vehicle
- Collision – covers damage to your car when you collide with another vehicle
- Comprehensive coverage – covers your car when it falls victim to weather conditions, vandalism, or theft
- Personal injury protection – covers you and your passengers in the event you are hurt or killed in an accident
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist’s – protects you and your vehicle when you encounter a driver without insurance or without enough insurance coverage
Occidental Auto Insurance Additional Coverage
Additional coverage includes rental reimbursement, which replaces your vehicle with a rental when your car is in repair.
Towing options are common inclusions, such as roadside assistance with gas, or towing 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
Other on-site repairs are covered under this inclusion such as a battery jump or tire change.
What Are the Best Ways to Get Savings with Occidental Auto Insurance?
Most drivers on the road today are interested in any type of savings.
One suggestion is to inquire about a diminishing deductible program. If you decide on a higher deductible, your premiums will be lowered.
If you opt to pay a larger down payment on your annual premium, your monthly premiums may be more affordable.
In addition, if you pay premiums in advance, your annual amount will be lower. The difference is in the interest you pay over the length of the policy.
If you have points on your driving record, you may be able to improve them by taking a defensive driving course. These courses may help remove as many as six points from your record.
Another way to save is to combine your homeowners insurance or motorcycle policy with your vehicle policy.
Is the Auto Insurance Industry a Good Career?
An insurance company is also a good place to work.
A career with Occidental Insurance may involve one of the following positions:
- Customer Service
Along with other possibilities, some of these positions may be entry level or professional level. Unfortunately, there is no online application to submit.
Upper management positions may have to be sought after through IAT Specialty Group‘s Scottsdale, Arizona or Omaha, Nebraska offices.
What do Customer Reviews Say About Occidental Auto Insurance?
Occidental’s review record is not all bad considering they only receive a handful of complaints annually. The reviews are commonly mixed with complaints about unreturned phone calls and claim denials.
Business peers saw Occidental as a company who took advantage of the lack of competition in the state of Massachusetts.
Policyholders were paying a surcharge in premiums and on windshield replacement. Pressure from community advocates influenced change that eventually resulted in rate and surcharge reductions.
The Internet allows you to write your own review about Occidental or any other consumer experience. Most people write about bad experiences, although many also write about exceptionally good experiences.
To compare auto insurance rates, all you have to do is enter your ZIP code in the FREE search tool here!