Conseco Auto Insurance Review (2020)
Conseco auto insurance is part of Amica. They offer auto, home, farm, umbrella, umbrella, and general liability insurance to residential and business clients.
- Conseco Auto Insurance partners with Amica to offer car insurance
- The company offers a range of discounts
- Amica’s Better Business Bureau rating is an A-
CNO Financial Group, which owns Conseco Insurance Company and Conseco Health Insurance Company, is currently in the process in merging those two subsidiaries with Washington National Insurance Company.
If you go to Conseco’s website it will direct you to go to the CNO website, which does show all five companies it owns on the screen, including Conseco, but in the drop-down menu, Conseco is not listed.
Moreover, if you try to click on more information about Conseco nothing happens.
This is a way to gradually phase out the brand name of Conseco and let people know that now Washington National Insurance Company is the only health insurance option in the CNO Financial Group family.
In regards to Conseco Auto Insurance branch, they have merged with Amica. So this review will simply come from that perspective, where Conseco is now Amica. And so you should be going to the Amica website if you were originally interested in purchasing a car insurance policy from Conseco.
Put in your ZIP code now to compare countless auto insurance quotes now!
Conseco Auto Insurance and Amica Policy Discounts
Conseco offers a range of available policy discounts:
- Multi-line discounts if you have both your home and auto insured by Amica
- Accident prevention or defensive driver classes for young drivers and mature drivers
- Individuals who have completed driver training programs
- Airbag and passive restraint
- Good students discounts
- Anti-lock brakes
- Vehicle tracking system
- Anti-theft devices
- Student away from school
Conseco Auto Insurance and Amica Company Information
In 1979, CNO was incorporated under the name Security Life of Indiana. It began operations in 1982 and then transitioned into a public company as Conseco, Inc. in 1985. In 2010, the company once again changed its name to CNO Financial Group, Inc.
Today, the company serves over four million medium-income working American citizens and retirees. Recently, Conseco has joined forces with Amica to provide its auto insurance coverage from this point forward.
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is the country’s oldest mutual insurer of vehicles and was started in 1907. The company is based in Lincoln, Rhode Island.
Along with auto insurance, the company is a national writer of marine, personal umbrella liability insurance, and homeowners.
Conseco Auto Insurance Employees
Overall, the employees at Amica insurance are relatively happy with their work conditions, pay, and balance between life and work.
According to Amica, a generous amount of employees stay with the company for at least 10 years, with a good chunk lasting with the auto insurance provider for 25 years or more here.
Each year Amica puts on a special event that celebrates and honors the employees who have been with them for 25 years or more and pensioners.
Also, Amica is proud of its diverse workforce. It makes a large effort, both internally and externally, to foster a healthy and culturally diverse working environment.
The company happily supports organizations like Progresso Latino, the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting (ALPFA) and the Urban League.
Also, each branch has a Diversity Ambassador who both facilitates talks, events, and training related to diversity and cultural awareness.
There are numerous job openings and room for advancement within Amica. The company values its reputation for fairness, integrity, and honesty in conducting business, as well as for all of the employees who stand behind the name Amica.
The company has a solid reputation for promoting dedication and professionalism within its employees. It prides itself on providing current and future employees a safe, effective, professional, upwardly mobile and action-oriented work environment.
Amica also has an entry-level management program for recent college graduates with bachelor’s degrees and who are willing to relocate to one of their many offices across the U.S.
Conseco Auto Insurance Contact Information
Amica Mutual Insurance Company
PO Box 9128
Providence, RI 02940-9128
800-242-6422 – quotas and sales; service/claims reporting
800-492-6422 – automated billing
800-652-6422 – corporate office
Conseco and Amica’s Better Business Bureau Record
Amica’s Better Business Bureau rating is an A-. The BBB has decided that Amica Mutual Insurance Company meets BBB accreditation standards.
The company made a concerted effort to make good or come to a fair resolution with consumers on any issues or complaints they had with Amica.
There were a total of 35 complaints noted to the BBB, five advertising/sales, 10 billing/collection issues, one delivery issue, and 19 problems with products/service. All 35 were resolved to the BBB’s satisfaction.
There have not been any government actions brought to BBB’s attention regarding Amica auto Insurance. The BBB has had an open file on Amica since 1957.
Amica Life Insurance Company has over 3,200 employees in 40 offices across the United States.
Conseco and Amica Awards
- J.D. Power and Associates highest customer satisfaction award, 1999-2010
- 2010 (2006, 2008, 2009 as well) list of Ward’s 50 Top Performers. The Ward Group is a leader with an impeccable and trusted reputation for being able to benchmark and provide measurable best practice services for the insurance industry; moreover, the group annually analyzes the financial achievement of thousands of insurance companies in the United States.
- A.M. Best, a top insurance industry analyst and the Unite States’ authority on insurance company fiscal stability, has decided the financial strength rating (FSR) of A++ (Superior) was unquestionably warranted by Amica.
- The National Commission Against Drunk Driving (NCADD) gave Amica the Education and Prevention award for devising an effective and adaptable prevention/education program resulting in the Rhode Island State Legislature dropping the drunk driving accepted limit from .10 Blood-Alcohol Concentration down to .08 BAC, while at the same time heightening the public’s awareness of the sever dangers of driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
Regardless of how many awards or recognitions from noteworthy agencies any company may have garnered, you still need to do your due diligence in uncovering both positive and negative factors that will allow you to make an informed decision.
The most suitable or desirable deal for one does not necessarily mean the same deal will meet your own automotive insurance needs.
Simply enter your ZIP code now onto to compare many auto insurance quotes today!