Every car in the country must be insured if it is going to be used on the road; that makes for a very large number of people looking for auto insurance. There are hundreds of insurance companies in every state willing to provide this service, but trying to figure out which ones are the best and deserve one’s attention can be a bit tricky.
There are numerous factors that go towards contributing to the quality of an insurer. Financial strength of a company is frequently over-looked by most insurance shoppers, yet it is a very significant factor. After all, signing up with a financially unstable company may mean that by the time one is involved in an accident and files a claim, the company may be facing bankruptcy and unable to pay. The cost of the policy and customer service is also significant issues. After continuous payment of premiums, one would expect quick and efficient service when it is needed. If one is involved in an accident, being put on hold for ten minutes or told by a machine that “an agent will get back to you as soon as possible” only to find they never take the call can be frustrating! Also, whether the company even has a valid license to operate in the state and sell insurance is another important variable.
According to most consumer guides put out by the government and industry professionals, the following ten auto insurance companies provide the required cover with very competitive prices, are financially sound and have a reputation for being available when required.
Top 10 Auto Insurance Companies
- Allstate: Allstate is one of the most frequently top rated car insurance companies in the nation. They provide a wide range of policy options that suit the needs of a wide variety of customers. Allstate is known for the competitive rates they offer, along with safe driving incentives and accident forgiveness. They have been ranked as one of the top insurance companies for 70 years. They provide four different packages so one is sure to find one that suits their individual needs. In fact, some even claim that this company is ideal for teenagers and the elderly.
- State Farm Insurance:Discounts are one of the favorite things about an insurance provider and this company makes sure its customers get plenty of variety. Consumers can save a significant amount, up to 40 percent, with State Farm.
- Geico: Government Employees Insurance Company is owned by Berkshire Hathaway and provides private auto insurance in all fifty states of the nation. They are easily recognizable from their commercials on the air. They pledge outstanding customer service and promise to help in obtaining the least expensive auto insurance policy. Additionally, they offer their customers several payment options which makes them a favorite with potential clients.
- Progressive: this is a multi-dimensional company offering not only auto insurance, but bike, watercraft, Segway, RV and snowmobile loans. It was established in 1937 and has the honor of selling the maximum number of commercial auto policies through independent agents operating via brokers. It has earned a credit rating of A+, which is excellent. They even have an innovative offer for their clients known as “name you price” in which potential clients can counteroffer the quote they give.
- Nationwide: This Company was founded in 1925 under the name of The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation and is now one of the largest financial organizations in the world. In 1955, it officially became known as Nationwide and is today one of the most financially strong auto insurers in the USA. They keep their customers happy by providing them with many low cost insurance options.
- AA Auto Insurance: The American Automobile Associations is a federation of associated auto clubs. The organization is a non-profit lobby that along with auto insurance, also offers a large number of services like first aid, towing, and emergency road service to members. It was founded in 1902 in Chicago.
- Liberty Mutual: Established in 1912, they are a financially sound company with a credit rating of “A”. In addition to auto cover, they also offer home and life insurance. This is a full service company providing comprehensive auto policies at very competitive rates. Liberty Manual has not only been rated as one of the top auto insurance companies in USA, but has a wide network of financial services in 20 countries throughout the world.
- 21st Century Insurance: This company works in collaboration with some of the best auto insurance companies. They are able to provide their customers a large variety of insurance products in addition to auto insurance.
- GMAC: This insurance provider was established in 1939 and has grown steadily ever since. They make the individual needs of their customers the top priority and help them to design a policy that fits their budgets and requirements. In addition to being one of the best insurance companies in the U.S., they make a large range of insurance products available in Latin America, Asia and Europe.
- AIG: American International Group promises to provide major savings compared to other insurance providers. Their main focus is to provide savings through low-cost insurance products and bundling. AIG is a world leader in insurance and financial services, with operations in more than 130 countries. In addition to auto insurance, they provide retirement services and asset management.
There are numerous listings of “top 10” insurance companies if one searches online. While this may seem overwhelming, it actually is not. This is because there are some basic companies that stand out on everyone’s’ list. Also, it should be kept in mind that some regional and smaller companies have been around for a very long time and have been providing excellent service and rates that are comparable to the national companies; however, they do not show up on many lists due to the fact that they are not national.
The best insurance company is the one that fulfills individual needs the best and the best way to find it is to do plenty of research, then shortlist and finally get quotes and pick the best one! Compare and find the best auto insurance rates with our FREE comparison tool below!