All states require you to have at least the minimum coverage auto insurance. However, you might want full coverage, so that you will be protected in every situation. Therefore, you need to find the cheapest car insurance possible for the best coverage. Enter your ZIP code into our FREE auto insurance comparison tool to find the best car insurance rates now!
Full coverage auto insurance offers additional coverage on top of the minimum liability amount that is required. There are many different parts of full coverage auto insurance:
- Liability coverage: This pays for the damage to another vehicle if you are at fault. This also covers the cost if someone else is injured in the accident. You are not protected with liability insurance.
- Collision coverage: If you collide with another vehicle or object, this type of coverage will pay to repair your vehicle after you have paid the deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive coverage will cover things such as theft, vandalism or weather damage. It usually covers the things that collision coverage will not. Some lenders require these types of auto insurance until your loan is paid.
- Uninsured/underinsured driver insurance: If someone else is at fault in an accident and he or she does not have an adequate amount of insurance, this type of insurance will cover the cost.
Factors that Influence Car Insurance Rates
Before you compare prices, you need to know the things that will determine the rate you will receive on car insurance.
- Make and model of vehicle: Sports cars have higher premiums. Vehicles will safety features provide the best rates.
- Credit score: If you have a high credit rating, your premiums will be lower.
- Driving record: You will get a better rate if your record is free from accidents.
- Location of your home: If you live in a larger city where accidents are common and theft rates are high, your premiums will be lower.
- Age and gender: Married females over the age of 25 usually get the best rates.
Find a Company that Provides Discounts
Most companies offer certain discounts, so you need to find one that has discounts that will meet your situation. Some of the discounts might include:
- Multi-vehicle: If you insure two or more vehicles on the same policy, most companies will give you a discount, so your premiums will be lower.
- Multi-policy: If you group all of your insurance policies together, you can get cheaper insurance. Your life insurance, home insurance, health insurance and car insurance could be with the same cheap auto insurance company, and it will be much cheaper for you.
- Anti-theft: If your vehicle has a car alarm, electronic keys, kill switches, wheel locks or any other anti-theft device, you could receive a discount. The insurance company wants to make sure that you will not be a victim of car thieves.
- Low-mileage: You could qualify for a discount if you put less than 12,000 miles on your car each year.
- Safe driver: If you have never had an accident or if you have taken a safety course, you could be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver: If you have not received a speeding ticket or other type of traffic ticket, you could qualify for a discount.
- Loyal customer: If you have been with a company for a long period of time, you could receive a long time customer discount.
You can save a significant amount of money by asking your agent about possible discounts.
One of the best ways to find cheap auto insurance with enough coverage is to compare prices. You should obtain quotes from several different companies to see which one will offer you the best deal. When getting a quote, there are several things that you need to take into account:
- Deductible: Make sure that all of your quotes contain the same deductible, or you will not get an accurate comparison.
- Coverage: You want to make sure that the quotes are for adequate coverage auto insurance.
- Amount of Coverage: You need to know how much the insurance company will pay if you have an accident. Because you are getting full coverage, you want to make sure that everything is covered.
If you should have an accident, you do not want to suffer financial difficulties because you do not have adequate car insurance.
You can find the best deal on auto insurance by comparing companies and prices.
You need to make sure that the company that you choose is a reputable and dependable company. Therefore, you need to research the possible companies, and choose one that you trust.
By just shopping around and looking at several different companies, you will be able to obtain cheaper car insurance. Find the best car insurance now by entering your ZIP code into our FREE comparison tool!
Car insurance can be affordable if you know where to look. Keep in mind that cheaper is not always the best option. You want to find the cheapest car insurance possible that also has adequate coverage. Therefore, compare prices, and you can save a huge amount of money on full coverage auto insurance.