Cheap auto insurance quotes do not just happen. In fact, finding the best car insurance rate begins way before you start shopping for auto insurance coverage and ends only after you find a policy that covers your needs at a price you can afford. Find affordable auto insurance by entering your ZIP code above!
When buying a new car, consider these tips to keep your auto insurance rates low:
- Look for a car with anti-theft devices or install them after the purchase. Airbags and automatic seat belts also reduce insurance premiums.
- Before purchasing the car, ask an agent what the insurance rates would be.
- Check your mileage. Insurance rates are calculated based on how far you drive to work or school one way.
- Prepare to pay as infrequently as possible. Rates are lower if you pay annually than monthly.
- Check your credit report for errors and quick clean up. Insurance rates are affected by bad credit scores.
- Remember that where you live can affect your car insurance rates. Intercity residents are apt to pay significantly higher insurance rates than suburban or rural residents.
To get the cheapest auto insurance rate possible requires a bit of work and patience. Spend time comparison shopping for the best rates among several automobile insurance companies before you choose the rate that is the best for you. Here are some tips to remember when comparison shopping for cheap auto insurance quotes:
- The only way to fairly compare rates is to compare them for the same coverage.
- Provide the same information, like average mileage driven in a day, to all companies.
- Ask for the quotes with the same payment schedule. For example, get an annual premium quote from each company.
- Fairly report driving history. The cleaner your driving history, the better your rates, but lying to get cheap insurance can result in a cancelled policy.
Remember to ask about automobile insurance discounts. The discounts offered are not the same at every insurance company and the qualifying factors may also differ. Some common insurance discounts include:
- Multi-vehicle discount for having more than one automobile covered by the same company
- Multi-policy discount for having your auto, home and life insurance all through the same company
- Good driver discount for having a clean driving record
- Good credit discount
- Good student discount for first-time drivers who maintain a high grade in high school
- Defensive driver discount for taking driving lessons
- Military discount
A cheap auto insurance quote is only as good as the company that stands behind it. If you cannot get service when there is an accident, then you have paid premiums for nothing. Check out the insurance company’s reputation before signing up for a policy. Make sure the company is someone you feel comfortable doing business with.
The coverage you need is dependent on a number of factors, including whether you paid cash for the vehicle and state coverage minimums. Loan agreements usually require you to carry full coverage on your car with specific minimum auto coverage details. The difference between carrying full coverage insurance and liability insurance can make a drastic difference in insurance rates. Decide how much coverage you really need before comparison shopping for the best insurance rates.
The rule of thumb for keeping insurance rates down is to keep deductibles as high as you can reasonably afford. Signing an auto insurance policy with a $1,000 deductible is useless if you cannot afford to pay the $1,000 when to have your car repaired. You will still be without a car that you an drive.
Final Thoughts on Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes
Comparison shop for car insurance quotes to keep your insurance costs down. Provide each insurance company the same information in order to make a fair decision among all the auto insurance quotes you receive. The end result is you will save money and receive the insurance coverage you need to drive legally and confident that in the event of an accident, you can cover the costs of damage. After all, that is the ultimate goal when purchasing insurance. Save on car insurance by enter your ZIP code into our below comparison tool!