Safeco Auto Insurance Discounts
Get 20 percent off with Safeco low mileage discounts. Safeco auto insurance discounts are offered to those who sign early, use their app, or are active military members. The Safeco auto insurance good student discount could be a huge benefit for students and parents alike. Read on to learn more about Safeco’s incentives and awards.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Safeco is a subsidiary of the seventh-largest personal auto insurance seller in the United States, Liberty Mutual.
- If you want to buy insurance from Safeco, you can get quotes online or from one of 10,000 independent agents.
- Safeco is rated number 14 on the list of companies on the J.D. Power and Associates customer satisfaction ratings.
- Safeco may be a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual, but it offers only 30 discounts, and Liberty Mutual offers 38.
- Some of the most notable Safeco insurance discounts offered include Teen Safety Rewards, Safety Rewards, Loyalty, and RightTrack.
What discounts does Safeco offer? Are there any Safeco auto insurance discountsyou can look for?
We’ve dedicated this guide to Safeco’s auto insurance discounts, including the Safeco auto insurance low-mileage discount. If you would like to learn more about other offerings from this company, read our Safeco auto insurance review for full details.
If you ar ready to buy Safeco auto insurance, enter your ZIP code in our FREE comparison tool to see Safeco auto insurance discounts and get a Safeco insurance quote compared to other companies.
What are the types of discounts offered by Safeco auto insurance?
Safeco carries several discounts. For example, the multi-policy discount will allow you to bundle Safeco RV insurance with auto insurance. Perhaps you want to bundle your Safeco home insurance with auto insurance for discounts.
Safeco automatic payments will give you small discount on an insurance policy.
There are three different types of discounts that you can ask for when you’re buying insurance. These include driver, vehicle, and policy discounts.
A majority of the savings that you can apply for can be stacked one on the other. With Safeco, you could qualify for 30 different auto discounts. Here’s a breakdown of each of them.
What are the driver discounts from Safeco?
Drivers that are rated on your policy can increase the likelihood that a claim will be filed. If any licensed driver has a bad record or they have accidents in the past three years, it will affect your rates. Here are some discounts to look for through Safeco:
- Defensive Driver (must be 55 and up and take an approved course for a discount that lasts three years)
- Distant Student (resident student attending college 100+ miles away)
- Driver’s Ed (under 21 and free of accidents in the last 36 months)
- Good Student Discount (GPA of 3.0 or higher and the discount drops 1 percent for every year of experience)
- Further Education (must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher)
- Further Education (for having a four-year degree or higher)
- Occupation (workplace discounts for business owners, teachers, firefighters, police officers, and educators)
- Military (active and retired)
- Safeco Safety Rewards (driver can’t have at-fault accidents in the last three years, DUI’s in the last 10 years, or more than one point on their license)
- Stable Residence (must be at residence for one year or more)
- Teen Safety Rewards
Safeco also has a discount called the Safeco Claims-Free Cash Back. Claims-Free Cash Back is a Safeco program where customers with 12-month Superior or Ultra policies can get 5 percent cash back each year for having no claims in the past six months of their policy.
The Safeco Auto Insurance good student discount renews routinely.
What are the vehicle discounts from Safeco?
If your car is stocked with features, you may be able to save money on your premiums by getting discounts. Most auto insurance companies will offer you some type of savings if you have a newer car packed full of safety features. Safeco offers the following vehicle discounts:
- Anti-lock Brakes
- Anti-theft (passive alarm or active alarm that disables the engine)
- Daytime Running Lights
- Newer Vehicle
- Forward Collision Warning
- Low Mileage (vehicles driven 4,000 miles or less per year)
- Passive Restraint
- Vehicle Recovery (for LoJack and OnStar)
- VIN Etching
See how discounts can affect your auto insurance quote by entering your ZIP code in the FREE comparison tool.
What are the policy discounts from Safeco?
Policy discounts can range from discounts for the payment method that you choose or for getting quotes early before you sign up for the policy.
These discounts are usually applied off of the total policy premium, and they can be combined with other options in the other categories. Safeco policy discounts include:
- Continuous Coverage (being with a company one year or more qualifies, the discount is higher when you’ve been with a carrier five or more years)
- RightTrack (5 percent for each vehicle when you sign up, and then you get 30 percent off based on your driving behaviors)
- Early Quote (must pay premium eight days or more before the policy effective date)
- Full Payment
- Good Credit Insurance Score
- Tenure Loyalty Reward (after two years of being with Safeco)
- Financial Stability (for drivers with good credit and a stable residence)
- Multi-policy (for maintaining two or more lines of insurance with the carrier)
- Multi-car (for insuring two or more companies with the company)
- Auto Billing
- Stable Residence (policyholders who have been at the same residence for a year or more
Safeco’s RightTrack is one of the few usage-based insurance devices that is actually plugged into your vehicle to ensure accurate data collection. It also works with the app installed on your mobile device to show real-time data.
This tool is particularly useful if you have a teen driver in your family. Other usage-based insurance programs use only an app on a mobile device and rely on telematic readings based on internal functions of your mobile device such as the compass, GPS, and position detectors.
Why get a discount for good credit? According to the Federal Trade Commission, individuals with good credit present less risk than those with poor credit.
If you’d like to see which Safeco discounts you’ll qualify for, the best way to find out is to get online insurance quotes.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How are your Safeco auto insurance rates calculated?
Let’s examine the Safeco annual rates by the age of drivers.
|Driver's Age||Safeco Average Annual Rates|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
Teen drivers have the most expensive rates for auto insurance, while drivers in their 60s pay thousands of dollars less. It’s surprising to see 40-year-old drivers have a higher auto insurance rate than 30-year-old drivers.
To understand why auto insurance discounts are so important, you must first understand how your rates are calculated. There’s an entire process dedicated to ratings.
If companies didn’t invest time and money into pricing their insurance products, they would go out of business after the first round of catastrophic claims were filed.
When insurance companies go into business, they have to set a price per exposure unit. This is what the insurers call a rate.
Auto insurance rates are determined by the company’s statistical analysis of past claims that have been filed. Therefore, the insurer will predict how many losses will be filed, and they will set rates that cover administrative costs, operational costs, and still allow room for a profit.
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), these losses are recorded by claim adjusters, insurance investigators, and appraisers.
How do I shop the for best auto insurance discounts?
Everyone who solicits quotes for auto insurance will receive a personalized premium quote. This personalized premium takes the rates for each unit into account and also your rating factors.
Every company has a different set of rates, and some companies will be more competitive than others for drivers in your risk group. You should get quotes to compare rates, but you should also shop in the marketplace for the best discounts.
You could have favorable ratings for your risk class, but it helps even more when you’re in a favorable risk group, and you also qualify for dozens of different discounts.
Not all companies offer the same discounts, but knowing what Safeco offers can help you decide if you’ll get a deal by making a switch.
Let’s recap on what you’ve learned about Safeco discounts. In addition to the review, we’ll answer frequently asked questions that appear on search engines across the internet.
If you’re ready to start comparing discounts offered by Safeco and other insurance companies, start by entering your ZIP code in the FREE comparison tool below and find Safeco auto insurance quotes.
Is Safeco auto insurance company the one for you? Find out now.
Frequently Asked Questions: Safeco Auto Insurance Discount
Interested in affordable Safeco auto insurance but have more questions? Keep reading for some common ones about Safeco auto insurance.
#1 – What is the low mileage discount for Safeco?
The Safeco auto insurance low mileage discount works by giving 20 percent auto insurance rates for a policyholder who drives 4,000 miles or less during the duration of the policy.
#2 – Is Safeco auto insurance good?
According to A.M. Best, Safeco has an “A+” or excellent rating, which means that the company has a stable outlook and has a superior ability to meet the obligations of its customers.
#3 – How can I get discounts on auto insurance?
When you sign up and purchase an auto insurance policy, the factors that determine auto insurance will activate different savings.
#4 – Does Safeco offer accident forgiveness?
Yes. However, accident forgiveness is a loyal perk. You would have to be with Safeco for several years to be eligible.
#5 – Is Safeco insurance cheap?
That would depend on your age, location, the vehicle you drive, credit history, and driving record. Since Safeco is a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual, your auto insurance may be more expensive in some parts of the United States.