Where can I compare auto insurance coverage?
Before you commit to an auto insurance company, make sure to, (1) research their customer reports, (2) compare quotes from multiple providers, and (3) look for hidden discounts.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- You can save hundreds of dollars each year by comparison shopping online
- An auto insurance comparison website will give you easy prompts for the entire process
- Before comparison shopping, having certain data beforehand will come in handy
- Discounts are also a great way to save on auto insurance; there are many discounts to choose from
Comparing auto insurance coverage has never been easier than it is today. The internet can help you find dozens of auto insurance quotes in just minutes.
Afterward, the more challenging work begins; you need to sort through the data to discover the company that offers the right policy for your needs. You don’t need any special knowledge to start searching.
Shopping and comparing only takes some of your time, but the average person saves $300 annually.
If you could take a job that earned you that much for an hour or two of simple work, you’d take it, right? Well, in this way you’ll save money — probably many hours worth of your time — in just an hour or two.
The best thing is that you won’t even need to get away from your day job to talk to a dozen insurance agents and get quotes.
You can compare car insurance quotes at night or anytime from the comfort of your own home! Enter your ZIP code above into our FREE auto insurance comparison tool to get quotes immediately!
How To Get Auto Insurance Quotes
Once you are at the car insurance comparison website, simply follow the prompts on each page to take you through the whole process of getting and reviewing insurance quotes specifically designed for you. These are the steps:
- Enter your zip code so that the website’s comparison feature can obtain the information from your area.
- Fill out a short application giving details of your car including the make, model, year, and color. You’ll also be asked for some personal information and your driving history in addition to that of other drivers who will be included in the policy.
- Select which companies you would like to receive auto insurance quotes from. Choose at least five companies to compare.
- After submitting your information, you’ll be shown the costs of auto insurance from each of the companies, as well as the details of the policies that they offer.
- Feel free to take the time to call the provider’s toll-free number or start a chat with a virtual sales representative if you have more questions. These services are usually available 24/7, so there’s no need to put it off if you are doing it at night or on the weekend.
- Finally, you can buy the policy of your choice by clicking through to the website of the provider that you think best suits your needs. If you haven’t made a decision yet, you can often save your data on the site and return to it at another time.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What You Need To Do Before You Compare Auto Insurance Rates
You will need to do a little prep work before you sit down to do your easy auto insurance comparison. Just having these things handy will make it easier to input all of the data when you are prompted to type it in the forms.
- Personal data for each driver including records of past claims or tickets that are on their records.
- Basic information about the cars which you will insure. Know the make, model, year, and color as well as the safety features that are installed in it.
- Know which type of coverage you want to buy, and what your state requires by law, and how high of a deductible you are willing to have.
- Be aware of potential discounts that you might be able to ask about if you talk to a representative online or on the phone.
Discounts To Ask For
While the online auto insurance quotes that you get are the lowest that they’ll advertise, they’ll often give discounts for particular circumstances they feel help lower their risk of insuring you.
It never hurts to ask for discounts, and you might end up saving even more off of their quoted price.
There are so many discounts out there that you could qualify for and take advantage of! Don’t miss the opportunity on any of the following:
- Good Driver – If you have a perfect driving record and have never made a claim, or if it was five or more years ago, you qualify as a good driver who will likely not cost the company any money.
- Good Student – If you are a parent, you know how much higher your premiums went up when you added your teen to your policy. If your child is an honor roll student, then you might get a bit of a break. Students who get good grades tend to be viewed as more responsible and less of a risk on the road.
- Low Mileage Driver – If you use a lot of public transportation or car-pool to get around and seldom drive, see what kind of discount you can get.
- Military Personnel – Along the lines of good students being thought of as good drivers, military members are known to have good driving records as well.
- Installing Anti-Theft Devices – You might be able to be rewarded for your efforts in installing and using extra anti-theft devices that deter and prevent your car from being stolen. Sometimes insurance companies will offer good deals on purchasing such devices.
- Good Credit – People with good credit are typically lower-risk drivers. You should be able to get a great deal on auto insurance if your score is above 750. If your credit is bad, you can do things to help it rise so that next year you get a better deal.
- Multiple Policies – For families with more than one vehicle or if the auto insurance company also offers home or life insurance, you may get a discount for carrying all of your insurance with them. It’s a win-win situation for both parties.
Ultimately, comparing auto insurance rates is one of the best ways to spend a few hours. You’ll almost always get a better deal than you are currently getting, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars a year.
Don’t wait another minute. Start comparing rates now by entering your ZIP code below into our FREE car insurance comparison tool!