What inexpensive auto insurance company has the most coverage?
Auto insurance companies offer various levels of coverages for different prices. Reduce your bill by comparing (1) quotes, (2) discounts, and (3) customer satisfaction.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 9, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Many good auto insurance companies offer insurance at reasonable prices to their customers
- One of the best places to find auto insurance is through a cheap auto insurance comparison website
- Choosing car insurance is not a matter of “one size fits all”
- Many insurance companies offer discounts if you purchase several different kinds of insurance with them, such as life, homeowners, and rental insurance
Whether you are looking for auto insurance because you have purchased a new car or are looking for insurance for your old car, it is one of the most important financial decisions you can make.
Enter your ZIP code into our FREE auto insurance comparison tool to see a number of quotes to help you make the best decision.
Finding inexpensive car insurance is the easy part, but getting the most coverage for your dollar takes more effort.
Finding Inexpensive Auto Insurance Companies
Many good auto insurance companies offer insurance at reasonable prices to their customers. You can find some of these companies simply by conducting an online search on Google, Bing or Yahoo using the keywords “inexpensive auto insurance.”
Literally thousands of companies will appear on the results page.
One of the best places to find auto insurance is through a cheap auto insurance comparison website. These websites provide you with the opportunity to get car insurance rate quotes from many different companies by providing your information only one time.
In some cases, you will receive a rate quote directly on the website.
Often, you will receive emails and phone calls from car insurance companies with basic rate quotes.
However, you will probably need to speak further with an agent or insurance company representative to get a firm insurance quote and purchase a car insurance policy.
You can also find inexpensive car insurance by going directly to car insurance company websites. Companies like the General, Geico, and SafeAuto offer relatively inexpensive car insurance through their company websites.
You are able to choose the level of coverage and the type of coverage you need and get a quote immediately. If you think the quote is a good one, you can buy the insurance immediately and be issued temporary identification cards that you can print from your own computer right then.
You can also find inexpensive auto insurance by talking with an independent insurance broker (Wondering why is inexpensive auto insurance so hard to find?) Although it may seem like insurance brokers only represent large insurance companies, the fact is that most independent insurance brokers and agents represent a large number of insurance companies.
This places them in an excellent position to help you find low-cost car insurance to fit your needs and budget. They can help you determine how much and what kind of insurance you really need and shop for coverage that fits your price.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Deciding What Kind of Coverage You Need
Most auto insurance companies offer a full range of car insurance coverage. Choosing car insurance is not a matter of “one size fits all.”
Your needs for coverage are probably entirely different from your neighbor’s. This is why it is important to understand the different kinds of car insurance and decide what you need and what you really do not need for insurance protection.
Buying car insurance you really do not need does not really provide you with added protection; it is like tossing your money out the window as you drive down the road.
- Liability Coverage – Liability car insurance is mandatory and required in 47 states in the United States. It provides payments for repairs to another person’s car if you hit them. It also pays for medical treatment for injuries to the other driver or their passengers. It does not pay for treatment for your injuries or damage to your car. Most states have a minimum liability insurance coverage level. However, this amount is usually not enough to protect you fully if you are involved in an accident. It is a good idea to purchase additional coverage if you can afford it.
- Collision Coverage – Collision auto insurance will pay for repairs to your car if you are involved in an accident. Collision insurance will pay for accidents involving other cars, fences, buildings, guard rails and hitting animals.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Comprehensive car insurance provides coverage for damages to your car that are the result of anything other than hitting another car. It pays for losses if your car is stolen. It also pays for repairs if your car is vandalized or damaged due to hail, fire, floods, wind or other weather-related events.
- Personal Injury Protection Coverage – Personal injury protection coverage is also known as “PIP” or “no-fault” coverage and is mandated auto insurance in 15 states. Personal injury protection pays for medical treatment, hospital expenses and rehabilitation for injuries, regardless of who is responsible for an accident. Additionally, it can also be used for lost wages and legal expenses related to an accident.
- Gap Insurance – Gap insurance is extremely important if your car is financed or leased. When you are involved in an auto accident and your car is declared a total loss, the insurance company will only pay you for the value of the car at the time of the loss. If your car is financed, you will be held responsible for the difference between the amount of money the insurance company pays and the balance of your loan or lease. Gap insurance provides payment for this difference and frees you from this financial obligation.
Lowering Your Policy Rates
Once you know how much and what type of car insurance you need, then there are lots of ways to lower your rates. Ask about discounts.
Many insurance companies offer discounts if you purchase several different kinds of insurance with them, such as life, homeowners, and rental insurance.
Additionally, you may qualify for discounts if you are insuring more than one car on your policy. Other kinds of insurance include good driver, good student, loyalty, senior and safety equipment discounts.
However, older cars depreciate in value and if the cost to repair your car is more than the value, then the car may be declared a total loss.
If this happens, you will only be paid for the value of the car at the time of the loss, which is often lower than Blue Book value.
So you will be paying a great deal of money for collision coverage that does not provide you with a high amount of financial return. Instead, it is smarter to save the amount of money you would pay in collision premiums and use it toward purchasing a newer car if needed.
By comparison shopping and honestly evaluating what kind of car insurance you need, you can easily find inexpensive car insurance. Enter your ZIP code into our FREE auto insurance comparison tool to get the best rates possible along with the best coverage.