Is there an auto insurance company directory?
No one publishes an auto insurance company directory to make your life easier. You can use a quote comparison site to compare rates from the top companies and save up to $859.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Make sure that you look for the different coverage options that you need
- Make sure to shop around
- Research the different companies and the see if they are the best fit for the coverage that you need
In light of the fact that most states have 100 or more official automobile insurance companies operating at any given moment (and some have as many as 200), locating and comparing auto insurance companies can be a real struggle for the average consumer.
Are affordable auto insurance quotes available anymore? Enter your ZIP code into our FREE auto insurance comparison tool to find affordable auto insurance rates from multiple car insurance companies.
Unfortunately, there isn’t a single published auto insurance company directory out there to make your life easier.
Instead, you’ll find that most of the advertisements, phone numbers, emails and commercials that you receive about auto insurance aren’t coming from auto insurance company agents, but actually from a referring agent or agency.
Our FREE car insurance comparison tool will direct you to several auto insurance companies that offer affordable quotes in your area.
Auto Insurance Analysis Paralysis
With all of these choices to make, it can be difficult to know who or what to believe. Making the decision even more difficult is the fact that not all auto insurance companies are created equally.
Even when you’re dealing with a company and not an agency, there are distinct differences you need to know about to make sure that you’re comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges.
While there is nothing at all wrong with using an agency to locate the most affordable and comprehensive auto insurance company for your unique situation, it is critical that you as the consumer are aware of the differences.
For example, while contacting an insurance company directly will generally only allow you to get quotes on coverage from that company alone, agencies specialize in looking through their vast database of auto insurance providers to find the one that will provide you with the best services at the most affordable price.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Four Ways to Purchase Automobile Insurance
Despite having hundreds of different companies to chose from, in the quest to purchase an automobile insurance policy, there are really only four different ways to close the deal:
- From an agent or employed representative of an automobile insurance company
- From an independent agent, who isn’t actually employed by any insurance company but only earns commissions from them based on sales
- From a broker who represents a number of different automobile insurance companies or agencies or
- Directly from the insurance company, whether via mail, email, over the phone, etc.
As you begin your search for the ideal car insurance company for your vehicle, instead of being overwhelmed with hundreds of potential options, it helps to narrow down which of the options you feel most comfortable using.
Then, you can narrow your search to find only those agencies, companies or brokerages that meet your requirements.
Find affordable quotes to compare when you enter your ZIP code into our FREE auto insurance comparison tool. It will return a list of auto insurance companies offering quotes in your area.
Looking for Lower Premiums?
Generally, when the question of auto insurance company directories comes up, it’s because consumers are looking to find the most reputable companies that offer the most competitive premiums.
Of course, you don’t have to have a directory to do that. Instead, just put a few of these practical tips and tricks into play for greater savings every day.
- Find out about a vehicle’s safety ratings BEFORE you buy a car or truck. This simple step can save you tons of hard-earned cash
- If your credit rating has improved, talk to your agent or agency about new, lower rates
- Keep your driving history clean for three years in a row! If it’s been more than three years since your last mishap, seek out some new quotes
- Rates drop when you hit the age of 21 and then again after 25
- Getting married also helps lower insurance rates
- Graduating from college will work to lower auto insurance rates
- Moving to a new state can save you literally hundreds of dollars on your auto insurance. Unfortunately, the opposite can also be true
- Adding on a new policy (like health insurance or life insurance) with the same company can help you qualify for the multiple policy discounts many such companies offer
- If you have lost your job or are no longer commuting far away to work, you may be able to get lower rates because you’re adding less mileage to your vehicle
- Incorporating various anti-theft devices, ranging from alarms to wheel locks, can help you save a percentage off of your premiums
You don’t need an auto insurance company directory to get the best deals on your car insurance.
What you do need is a clear head, a comprehensive understanding of the coverage you need, and simple insights into the little things that you can do to save money on your next premium.
With knowledge of coverage and discounts, you can find the best deals available on auto insurance by entering your ZIP code into our FREE auto insurance comparison tool below.