How to get an Allstate Auto Insurance Refund
Living in unprecedented times has allowed for some insurance companies to see an increase in their profit margin. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to shelter-in-place mandates, causing there to be less people on the road. This means that less accidents were happening and fewer claims were being filed. With more money in their pockets, Allstate wanted to help their customers and give back to communities. Many Allstate customers were issued an auto insurance refund, and millions of dollars was given to community relief and recovery acts.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 7, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- The shelter-in-place mandate caused insurance companies to see an uplift in profit, so some of them decided to give back to their customers and communities
- Allstate auto insurance has issued $1 billion to their customers and millions of dollars to different community relief and recovery acts
- Depending on your preference, Allstate will deposit money back to the bank or credit card account used for payments, or apply a credit to accounts
Because of the shelter-in-place mandate due to the COVID-19 pandemic, car insurance companies saw a huge downfall in claims and an uplift in their profit.
An Allstate auto insurance refund has been issued to those insured by Allstate – contributing millions of dollars to a variety of community relief and recovery acts and paying back $1 billion to their customers.
Find out if you qualify for an auto insurance stimulus check. Enter your ZIP code and get a free quote today.
What is Allstate Shelter-in-Place Payback?
Allstate wants to help its customers and communities cope with the COVID-19 pandemic. They have created the Allstate Shelter-in-Place Payback, which will be paying back $1 billion to their customers. It is also used to contribute millions of dollars to a variety of community relief and recovery efforts.
Allstate Shelter-in-Place Payback provided a 15% payback to personal auto insurance customers in April, May, and June. Payment information can be found in the Allstate Mobile App.
Be sure to check your payment information. Depending on your preference, Allstate will automatically deposit money back to the bank or credit card account used for payment, or apply credits to accounts.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When will I receive my auto insurance refund?
When you receive your auto insurance refund is dependent on the type of way you have chosen to receive it. Most consumers will have seen their refunds arriving in late April and early May.
According to USA Today, those receiving a one-time check will likely see refunds by the end of April, while those receiving credits towards their April and May policies will see credits in May and June.
You may be wondering about any refund you are eligible to receive that has nothing to do with the Allstate Shelter-in-Place payback. At any time, a policyholder – or the insured – can cancel their insurance policy. This could be for a number of reasons, such as finding a better deal elsewhere.
If you cancel your insurance policy, most insurance companies will typically refund the unused portion of the money that the insured paid when they canceled the insurance policy.
A refund may be received based on the cancellation timing. Cancellations are based on the annual premium and will be charged on risk time.
According to the law, a policyholder has the free-look period to cancel the policy. If canceled during this time, a refund will also be issued.
Allstate Claim Payment Options
Allstate offers four different ways for their customers to receive their claim payment or refund balance.
- Quick Card Pay: Your balance will reach you in 24 hours or less. All you’ll need is your debit card number. The company will send your payment through your debit card and into your bank account.
- Fast Mobile E-Payment: This process takes up to 48 hours. You will need your email address or cellphone number. Fast Mobile E-Payment is only available for auto and property claims. Once your payment has been issued, a notification will be sent to your email address and phone number.
- Direct Deposit: Direct deposit hits in 2-5 days. All you’ll need is a bank account number and routing information.
- Check: This is the longest process, taking 7-10 business days. Allstate will need your mailing address for this process.
What are other ways I can save on my rates during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Maybe you were one of the few people who were not eligible for an auto insurance refund or maybe your are insured by a company that did not offer a refund. There are still a few ways that you can cut back on your insurance rates during the pandemic.
- Drop optional coverage
- Removing extra coverage, for the time being, can save you a few extra dollars. Make sure you still have the minimum car insurance required by your state and are still protected in case of an accident during those quick trips to the grocery store.
- Switch insurance providers
- Even if you are unable to find or switch to an insurer with pandemic discounts, shopping for the best rates can help lower your bill. You should at least be comparison shopping approximately every six months to a year.
- Suspend your car insurance
- If you have completely decided to stop driving during the pandemic, you may be able to put your insurance on hold for a little while. This choice could result in fines or suspended registration, so talk to your insurance agent before taking that step. If this is the step you take, store your vehicle in a safe and secure spot because you won’t have coverage from non-driving-related loss.
How can I contact Allstate?
Allstate insurance company has a couple of different lines of communication for their consumers.
Allstate’s customer service phone number is 1-800-255-7828 and their mailing address is 2012 Corporate Lane Suite 108, PO Box 4310, Naperville, IL 60563.
Get your insurance refund check. Enter your ZIP code and get a free quote today.