Can an online auto insurance quote save me money?
Getting a quote online can definitely save you money. In fact, you can compare auto insurance quotes right now and save up to $859.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Online car insurance quotes save time and money
- Be sure to include your marital status and how many children you have in your online quote application
- If you have a clean driving record, be sure to mention that when applying for a quote
If you haven’t shopped around for automobile insurance recently, taking a few minutes to get an online quote has the potential to save you hundreds of dollars per year.
By gathering the proper documentation, providing the right information, and ensuring that you are properly comparing one car insurance policy to another, you have the potential to save a large sum of money with one quick, simple online auto insurance quote.
Enter your zip code above to compare affordable online car insurance quotes now!
Information to Include When Getting Online Auto Insurance Quotes
Including the right information when getting online auto insurance quotes can provide car insurance companies with the information necessary to give you a better rate.
A wide variety of factors, many of which may not seem intuitive, can influence your online car insurance quote.
When seeking online quotes, here’s what you need to do:
- Include your marital status and how many children you have in your online quote application. Although this information is typically optional, lower car insurance rates are often offered to married people and people with children.
- If you have a clean driving record, be sure to mention that when applying for a quote. A clean driving record makes you appear to be a safer driver and a better risk for insurance companies.
- Mention any security features your car has, including a car alarm or GPS tracking system. These features lead insurance companies to believe it is less likely for your car to be stolen, thereby making insuring your vehicle a better risk.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Information to Gather Before Applying for an Online Auto Insurance Quote
Obtaining an online auto insurance quote is quick and easy, but only if you have the right information readily available. Gathering the documents you are likely to need when applying for an online car insurance quote can save you time and frustration.
Documents you should gather include:
- Your driver’s license – a form of personal identification to prove that you are who you say you are and also linked to your driving record. Car insurance companies often ask for your driver’s license number and state of issue when providing online quotes.
- The driver’s license number of anyone else who will be listed on your policy – For example, if your spouse or children will be driving a car you want to insure, the car insurance company will want their driver’s license information to verify their identities and driving records.
- The vehicle identification numbers of all of the cars you want to insure – A car’s VIN is its unique identifying number. Car insurance companies often ask for cars’ VINs when providing online insurance quotes to ensure they are providing appropriate quotes for the cars listed.
Make Sure You are Comparing Apples to Apples
When reviewing your online auto insurance quote it is important that you are comparing similar types of auto coverage when deciding if you should switch car insurance companies for what appears to be a better deal.
There is more to a car insurance policy than your premium.
Make sure you compare the following when you receive your online auto insurance quote:
- The amount of liability coverage offered by the new insurance company compared to your current policy. It’s worth paying a little bit more for additional liability coverage.
- The deductible for fixing your vehicle if it were to become damaged. You must pay the deductible before your car insurance company will pay for the remainder of the necessary repairs. Deductibles vary greatly from one policy to the next, so be sure you compare these numbers when determining if the online quote is a good deal.
- Any extra benefits, such as roadside assistance and a rental vehicle allowance if your car is in the shop. These benefits are not standard with all auto insurance policies, so take a close look at both your current and potentially new policies before deciding which deal is better.
The bottom line is that taking the time to get an online auto insurance quote has the very real possibility of saving you money. However, you won’t know just how much money you can save until you apply for a quote.
If your ultimate goal is to save the most amount of money and you are willing to sacrifice coverage where necessary, choose the lowest coverage levels you are comfortable with when requesting an online auto insurance quote. State minimum car coverage is suitable for many drivers.
More on Getting Online Quotes and Comparing Companies
The process is generally very quick as long as you have the right documentation readily available and understand how to compare your current policy with the policy you are receiving an online quote for.
Many car insurance companies which offer online quotes have staff available by phone, e-mail, or instant messaging to assist you with any problems, questions or concerns that may arise while requesting a quote.
If you are not happy with the online quote you receive, be sure to ask if there is anything you can do to lower your quote.
Sometimes there are auto insurance discounts you may be eligible for or coverage changes you can make to lower your quote.
Although it takes a bit of time, taking the opportunity to gather necessary documents prior to applying for an online auto quote and ensuring you compare the insurance policy you are considering with the policy you currently have can save you a lot of money.
When done right, getting an online auto insurance quote can save you a lot of money. Enter your zip code below into our comparison tool and compare cheap auto insurance today!