Argonaut or Argo Group, was founded in 1957 in Texas.
This company, which was a US reinsurance company until 2007 when it expanded internationally, at which time it became Argo Group, is an underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products.
Argonaut is the parent company of Colony, Rockwood and Grocers insurance companies.
These companies are all specialty companies that allow Argo Group to sell specialty insurance products to specific types of businesses.
In fact, Argo Group specializes in:
- Excess and Surplus Lines
- Commercial Specialty
- Reinsurance and International Specialty
Enter your zip code below and get your free auto insurance quotes in a matter of minutes!
Argonaut has 28 locations in six countries. Their corporate offices are in Bermuda.
If, however, you wish to speak with someone in the US, you have several options here as well.
Here is a list of Argonaut’s US locations and phone numbers:
- Alpharetta, GA – 678.393.7606
- Boston, Massachusetts – 866.650.4016
- Chicago, Illinois – 312.201.7500
- Denver, Colorado – 303.773.7200
- Edison, New Jersey – 732.623.8950
- Geneva, Illinois – 888.447.6289
- Greenfield, Massachusetts – 800.444.3916
- Houston, Texas – 281.640.7912
- Irvine, California – 972.506.2400
- Irving, Texas – 800.678.6766
- Los Angeles, California – 213.452.5280
- New York, Ney York – 309.688.8571
- Peoria, Illinois – 309.688.8571
- Portland, Oregon – 800.777.3602
- Rockwood, Pennsylvania – 800.837.9062
- San Antonio, Texas – 210.321.8400
- Scottsdale, Arizona – 480.889.1880
While all of these offices are companies that are part of Argo Group, not all of them carry the Argo name.
Many of them are acquisitions that Argo Group has made over the years while others, which do have the Argo name, were started to create a presence in certain areas.
Argo is also located in the following areas:
- Hamilton, Bermuda – 441.296.5858
- Brussels, Belgium – 011 32 2 777 0909
- London, England – 44 020 7712 7600
- Paris, France – 33 01 56 52 94 79
- Zurich, Switzerland – (no number available)
- Dubai, UAE – (no number available)
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – 55 21 3266 1943
- Sao Paulo, Brazil – 55 11 3044 3018
As for the products sold by Argo Group, many of them are available in all 50 states while others are only available in a handful of states.
You will have to speak with an agent to determine whether or not their products are available in the state where you do business.
Argonaut Insurance Types
Argonaut does not sell standard auto insurance.
As mentioned above, they specialize in insurance products for very specific types of insurance companies.
In addition, their products are listed in three categories, insurance, reinsurance and managed risk solutions.
- Casualty & Liability
- Specialty Lines
- Crop stop Loss
- Marine Energy
- Personal Accident
- Property Lines
Managed Risk Solutions:
- Alternative Risk Solutions
- Public Risk Solutions
- Strategic Markets
- Trident Insurance Services
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Many of the claims that you need to make with Argo can be done online.
In addition, you can also use their website to see the status of your claim or to determine if there is any other information needed to complete your claim.
If you prefer, you can make a claim with a live representative at one of these numbers:
There is no indication on their website as to whether or not they offer 24/7 claims service.
Typically, most insurance companies, if they offer 24/7 service, they advertise it.
However, that isn’t always the case and it is something you will want to find out for yourself before you purchase any insurance from this company.
In terms of customer reviews regarding this company, we found very little information.
There were, however, several reviews posted by current and former employees of the company.
While a majority of them said that this was a good company to work for, all of them said the same thing about being able to move up in the company, that it was impossible.
Most claim that Argo Group doesn’t promote from within, but hires from outside of the company when a management position comes open.
A career with Argo Group does come with a few perks. In addition to a competitive base salary, every full-time employee receives full health benefits.
In addition, Argo Group offers life insurance, savings, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement and matching gifts for education and charitable causes.
As mentioned above, current and former employees do say it is difficult to move up in the company.
You should consider this before considering a career with Argo Group.
You should feel confident in knowing, however, that this is a growing company with a strong financial outlook.
Enter your zip code for your free auto insurance quotes today!