If you are looking for an Aflac Auto Insurance Review you may have difficulty finding one. Aflac is a big insurance company and is one of the biggest supplemental insurance companies in the world. However, it does not sell any type of auto insurance so if that is what you are looking for, there are many auto insurance companies that can.
If you would like to compare auto insurance quotes right now, feel free to enter your zip code in the box below!
Aflac insures individuals and businesses all over the world and is headquartered out of Columbus, Georgia. The mailing address for customer service is 1932 Wynnton Road, Columbus, GA, 31999.
Aflac Auto Insurance and Telephone Numbers
There are a variety of contact numbers if you are looking to reach Aflac:
- General customer service 1-800-992-3522
- Sales opportunities 1-866-309-7714
- Benefit services, call 1-800-323-5391
- To file a claim call 1-800-992-3522
For those living in New York, there are additional numbers. For customer service, call 1-800-366-3436; for corporate employment, call 1-518-438-0764; and to report a claim call 1-877-844-0201.
Aflac Auto Insurance and Policies
Even though Aflac does not offer auto insurance policies, there are a variety of other policies available. The policies are meant to supplement one’s income if unable to work, whether that is due to a car accident or an illness.
- Accident insurance pays benefits in cash to cover unexpected medical bills and the everyday costs of living
- Cancer/specified-disease insurance is coverage and protection in the unfortunate case that one will get cancer or another disease
- Critical care and recovery insurance is for when someone experiences a serious health event like paralysis, heart attack, or stroke
- Dental insurance covers routine care as well as root canals and cavities. It also allows you to pay the premiums before taxes are taken out.
- Vision insurance is for exams and things like glasses
- Hospital confinement indemnity insurance covers unexpected expenses if you are in the hospital for either a short time or a long while
- Juvenile life insurance is offered from Aflac to help pay medical expenses and burial costs of a grandchild or child
- Life insurance for both term and whole life policies
- Short term disability offers monthly installments if you are temporarily side-lined from your job, whether it is from an injury or sickness
Aflac also provides lump sum cancer and lump sum critical illness insurance. These policies will pay a one- time amount that has been pre- established if you get cancer, have a heart attack, stroke, or if you are paralyzed.
Aflac Insurance and Claims
If you need to file a claim with Aflac, there are a few ways you can go about doing so. One is to call the toll free claim number, which is 1-800-992-3522 and 1-877-844-0201 for residents of New York. You can mail it into customer service or email the claim. Aflac also has an online service that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is easy and convenient to use.
Aflac Insurance and Careers
Aflac is always looking for good people to become insurance brokers for their company. As a broker, you would meet with employers and/ or individuals and listen to what they want and need when it comes to supplemental insurance. You review benefit options with them and figure out plans that will best fit the needs of both the employees and the businesses.
Aflac believes in setting the broker up for success. In 2008 the company created a team to support both regional and national insurance brokers. Development coordinators are located around the country and there is an enrollment team that works with your clients’ employees. There is also a toll free number for brokers that is meant to help them and answer any questions they may have.
There is ongoing support and training for insurance brokers, including monthly newsletters, industry topic presentations, and continuing education opportunities. There is also a web site dedicated to broker services, which includes tools for service and marketing, services and Aflac news, status of claims, and solutions for enrollment.
As far as compensation is concerned, there are a couple of different avenues. If you are personally handling the whole enrollment or using a firm for enrollment, there is a compensation package for that. You can choose to give the leads to Aflac and a representative will work on the sale, or you may have an enroller on per diem or is commissioned to help you with the enrollment.
Aflac Insurance and Customer Satisfaction
On the website for Aflac, there is a comparison chart that compares Aflac to two other insurance companies and, of course, Aflac stands out:
- The average length for claims processing for Aflac is 4 days, and 10 days for the other companies
- Product satisfaction with Aflac is 83%, while it is 70% and 66% for the other two
- Satisfaction with claims is 80% with Aflac and 66% and 61% with the others
- When comparing the ease of doing business with Aflac, the company gets 81% and the other two companies get 68% and 70%
- For the ease of enrollment, it is 81% with Aflac and 75% and 73% for the others
When compared to other insurance companies in terms of claims payments, Aflac pays at least twice as much on their customers’ claims as on the administrative costs. This is not true with most insurance companies.
Aflac also claims that their rates have stayed relatively stable over a 50 year time period, with very few rate increaes for any of their products. They also have received a high financial strength rating, with an A+ from AM Best.
While all of this information may help you choose Aflac for your supplemental insurance needs, if you are looking for auto insurance Aflac can not help you. To get immediate rate quotes, just enter your zip code below and you will be able to compare auto insurance rates for companies in your area.