ACUITY is primarily located in the Midwestern part of the United States. The company is not only nationally recognized for its operational and customer service excellence but for its insightful and generous giving back to its community.
In addition to the many insurance industry awards and positive critiques they’ve earned, the company has managed to transcend the insurance industry in many areas.
The company gets high marks from its peers, clients, and consumers for promoting a positive and effective workplace environment, numerous technology advancements and a solid ideology of perpetual philanthropy within the local community.
Enter your zip code above to find out about a myriad of auto insurance quotes just perfect for you!
ACUITY Insurance Types
Acuity also serves up a spectrum of personal and commercial automotive insurance products and services. However, although an effective product in many regards, it may not cover every nuisance and detail you need from your insurance provider.
The auto insurance plans from ACUITY are much less complex than numerous other auto insurance providers. Because they use independent agents to sell their product, you need to get in touch with one of their agents across one of the 18 states where they provide coverage.
To find an agent, simply go to their website and choose the state and city you reside in, and a formidable list of available agents will return for you to choose from.
If you appreciate the old school customer service approach of actually speaking to a live agent so you can directly ask questions or bring up your concerns about their insurance product, then ACUITY may be simply ideal for you.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
ACUITY Company History
When ACUITY opened its doors in 1925, it was known as the Mutual Auto Insurance Company. It was then located in the Town of Herman, which was in Sheboygan County.
In 1953, the company made its first name change to Mutual Auto of Wisconsin, and then its second nomenclature change to Heritage Insurance Company, in 1957.
As the 1960s approached, the company moved to the city of Sheboygan, and then moved within the city limits to its present location in 1984. Its current name of ACUITY Insurance did not come about until 2001.
ACUITY Auto Insurance Agents
ACUITY has partnered up with hundreds of independent insurance agencies to provide excellent service for its clients and prospective clients’ coverage needs. While the corporate headquarters is in Sheboygan, independent insurance agents are located all across the 18 states listed below:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
ACUITY Auto Insurance Careers
Consistently ranked as a top tier and most sought after mid-size employers, ACUITY offers careers, not jobs. And if you are looking for mid-western charm then look no further than what Sheboygan has to offer you and your family.
Their headquarters is located in what Reader’s Digest named as the Best City in America to raise a family. With an almost endless array of world-class cultural and entertainment opportunities, Milwaukee and Chicago are within one hour and 2 ½ hours from downtown Sheboygan.
ACUITY usually has a list of positions they are actively looking to fill. And due to the upwardly changing business conditions and company growth, the company’s openings are being updated regularly.
While most of the corporate jobs are either in Sheboygan or virtual, the company does have agents across more than one-third of the United States.
ACUITY Auto Insurance Awards
- Collegegrad.com recognizes ACUITY as a top entry-level employer for new grads since 2007.
- AARP also recognizes ACUITY as a top employer of workers at or above the age of 50 for the past 4 years.
- In 2004, The Great Place to Work Institute and the Society for Human Resources Management honored ACUITY as being the Best Mid-Size Company to work for in America.
- ACUITY has the rare and honored distinction, as being the only company in the United States to be listed six consecutive years to the Great Place to Work Institute’s top five mid-sized companies.
- Ward Inc., for the past 10 years has recognized ACUITY as one of the Top 50 best-run insurance service in all of the United States.
- ACUITY has been named to the InformationWeek 500 list of most innovative technology companies for 4 consecutive years.
- In 2001, the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents awarded the National Company Award of Excellence to ACUITY.
- The company has continually received A+ rating from A.M. Best and A ratings from Standard & Poor’s.
No matter how many accolades any company has, you still need to shop around to find the best deal that suits your personal automotive insurance needs and the laws in your state.
Enter your zip code below and start comparing auto insurance quotes now!